Another Oscar Sunday has come and gone and now comes the post-Oscar analysis.
I managed to correctly pick 17 of the 24 awards. Amazingly two of my wild guesses for Animated Short (Lost Things) and Short Film (God of Love) were right. Not bad but still under my highest of 20 of 24.
A few thoughts on last night’s show…
* While I liked the show and was impressed by how tight they kept it, it was altogether just ho-hum. Loved the stage and and the arches of video though. Very cool!
* James Franco, great actor but horrible award show host.
* Anne Hathaway, great energy which frequently got sucked away by James.
* Kirk Douglas, you’re still the man!
* Best Picture montage – Could watch that a few times.
* The closing with the kids from PS 22 was heart warming to begin with, it went to absolutely unbelievable when the winners from the night came out on the stage behind the kids. 24 statues that prove that dreams do come true.